Bastiat at ASC

Francois-Rene Rideau Francois-Rene Rideau <fare@tunes.org>
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 01:23:54 +0200

Dear Mark,

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 12:39:18PM -0500, Mark Thornton wrote:
> [...] There as a session on the economic contributions of Bastiat
> at the Austrian Scholars Conference this past weekend
> http://www.mises.org/upcomingstory.asp?control=15

Great pointer, and very interesting article of yours.
This is the kind of information that is always most welcome;
I'll have to add that to bastiat.org!

> In addition, one of the primary lectures given by Tom Bethell mentioned
> that Bastiat was one of his primary influences in economic thought.
Nice to hear about that. I wish I heard more like that from France.
I was told recently (by someone who seems to be a high-school teacher
in philosophy!?) that liberalism was an anglo-saxon utilitarian philosophy.

PS: a rare message on bastiat-fans@bastiat.org is as good a place as
another to remind you about the Bastiat'2001 conference
	http://bastiat.net/fr/

Best regards,

First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you. Then you win.
	-- Gandhi