More stuff on Bastiat

Francois-Rene Rideau Francois-Rene Rideau <fare@tunes.org>
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 21:41:14 +0200

Dear Bastiat Fans,

Cris Crawford has digitized a great text by Bastiat
that has long been unpublished:
	Capital and Interest
	http://bastiat.org/en/capital_and_interest.html

Also, I just finished rehauling the Bastiat.net site,
and a few additional speeches from the Bastiat'2001 conference
are available there (more of them are in the pipe).
	http://bastiat.net/en/Bastiat2001/
Those of you who missed the event can still go to the Université d'été
in Aix-en-Provence, in english and french, organized by Jacques Garello
and his fine team.

The bastiat.org site would need a rehauling, too,
and its english part particularly so. I'm looking for help
to put all the texts in a database that you could query.

PS: new stuff in French is only announced on the French mailing-list.
I hope this is convenient rather than inconvenient to you.
	http://bastiat.org/fr/forum.html

Yours freely,

What a lot of trouble to prove in political economy that two and two make four;
and if you succeed in doing so, people cry, 'It is so clear that it is boring.'
Then they vote as if you had never proved anything at all.
	-- Frederic Bastiat, "What Is Seen and What is Not Seen", 1850