Minor response to your criticism of Eric S. Raymond

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 18:43:28 +0100

Dear Kirk, dear Eric, dear readers,
   I've recently opened the mailing-list cybernethics@tunes.org precisely
so as to have an open forum with a publicly available persistent archive,
where to discuss such questions as the relations of information
with ethics, politics, economics, etc.
   Hence, instead of giving a private answer
to your (long) message about ethics and intellectual property,
and sending a copy to Eric who might not be interested,
I've bounced your mail to cybernethics@tunes.org, and replied there.

   The list is searchably archived daily at
	http://www2.tunes.org/cgi-bin/wilma/cybernethics

Regards,

## Faré | VN: Уng-Vû Bân   | Join the TUNES project!  http://www.tunes.org/ ##
## FR: François-René Rideau |    TUNES is a Useful, Not Expedient System     ##
## Reflection&Cybernethics  | Project for a Free Reflective Computing System ##
As far as natural selection applies to the human world, we don't ever get to
"let nature decide", because we ARE part of that nature that decides. Hence,
any claim to "let the nature decide" is just a fallacy to promote one point
of view against others, or to ignore one's responsibilities.
		-- Faré