Stamps vs SPAM

Francois-Rene Rideau Francois-Rene Rideau <fare@tunes.org>
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 00:06:24 +0200

Dear cybernethicians,

being sick of receiving several tens of unsollicited commercial email
messages everyday, I wrote up a short piece on a plan to eliminate spam:
	Stamps vs SPAM
	http://fare.tunes.org/articles/stamps_vs_spam.html

The idea is to raise the cost of sending unsollicited email in general,
either through monetary payment of stamps, or more likely,
through payment in time: email conversation initiators will have to spend
a few seconds to pass a simple turing test (pattern recognition).
This test will screen off automatic bulk mailers.

Actually, I'm not just trying to spread my memes with the article,
I'm also trying to find people who'd be interested in implementing
such email postage payment protocol and associated software.
If you are interested, know someone who could be, or a place where
to advertise my article and look for interested people, please tell me.

Yours freely,

The ancients stole all our ideas from us. -- Mark Twain