[gclist] Re: gclist-digest V1 #97

Fergus Henderson fjh@cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 04:27:14 +1000 (EST)

Paul R. Wilson wrote:

> (BTW, I was unaware that this would be required.  I had guessed that
> the machine descriptions already had enough information.  Fergus,
> could you elaborate a little?)

The gcc machine descriptions have (non-local) call instructions and
local jump instructions, but they don't have non-local jump instructions.
When you do a non-local jump, you may need to do things like setting
the global pointer register, depending on the architecture.

That on its own is not too bad, but there are a few other things
that make it all a bit tricky.  I had a look at it for about an hour,
and decided that it wasn't a one-day job ;-)

--
Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.oz.au>   |  "I have always known that the pursuit
PGP: finger fjh@128.250.37.3         |     -- the last words of T. S. Garp.