GC performance - was Re: [gclist] GC topics

Darius Blasband darius@phidani.be
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 20:06:22 +0100 (MET)

> >> Misinformed is my guess :-).
> >>
> >Well, obviously, reading what came next, I was not that misinformed.
>
> Let's not be snotty. After all, you were the one that said "dumb, or
> misinformed" and he used a smiley to show he was teasing.

Agreed. Bad mood no good excuse. Public apologies to Dave.
But firm on the opinion: I believe that conservative GC should
only be used when no other technique can be considered, due to
the amount of work involved of because of the limitations of
the language one uses.

Cheers,

Darius