[gclist] GCs Ever-Implemented on Distributed Memory Machines

tau@is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp tau@is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sun, 28 Jul 96 22:56:15 +0900

Dear GC Experts:

I'm interested in garbage collectors which have been implemented and
robustly working on distributed memory machines.  Many algorithms have
been proposed and published in the literature, but it seems to me that
little of them have been implemented (I guess so simply because there
are little papers which publish experimental results).  I guess this
is because GCs on distributed memory machines are very hard to
implement and at least from our own experiments, this is true.

Please enlighten me if I'm ignorant of published works or any GCs
unpublished but implemented in working systems.  I also appreciate if
you could comment on my above conjecture (i.e., implementing GCs on DM
machines are rarely completed, because they're so complex).

	Kenjiro Taura
	Yonezawa Laboratory
	Department of Information Science
	Faculty of Science
	University of Tokyo
	7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku Tokyo 113 Japan
	tau@is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp (http://web.yl.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/)
	tel: +81-3-3812-2111 ext. 4108 or +81-3-5800-6913
	fax: +81-3-5689-4365