[gclist] Fast-allocating non-copying GC's

David Ungar David.Ungar@Eng.Sun.COM
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 16:32:16 -0800

Hey, Paul--are you upset? Have I pushed too hard?

At 8:57 AM 3/14/96, Paul R. Wilson wrote:

>These are different goals than
>your goals for Self.   (Or at least, the goals are prioritized differently.)
>(Maybe this is the real issue---we should just argue about whether everyone
>should use Self for everything, starting now.)

I'm not sure why you put in the parenthetical comment--
I've been trying to express opinions about GC schemes and allocators
and to make clear that this stuff all depends on context.
What works best for C-land is not best for ST-land.

That's all.

- Dave

-- Dave