[gclist] Integrating GC and Destructors (Finalizers?)

Darius Blasband darius@phidani.be
Sat, 16 Mar 1996 13:37:36 +0100 (MET)

> ----- PROBLEM -----
>
>    If  you  know  of any publications related to GC and treating the matter
> (maybe even my problem) well and in-depth, please mail me about it.  If you
> have  any  other  idea or know of a language in the ALGOL family where this
> problem  has been solved somehow, please also mail me or just answer to the
> list.

Well, YAFL's garbage collector includes something which is similar to
finalizers, with a simple implementation and an acceptable (if not
optimal) formal definition.

Simply stated, YAFL is an ALGOL-like language, which can be compared
to Oberon except for the fact that it does support an extensive
parameterized class system (which is of no influence on the GC).

  The current version of the yafl documentation is available under anonymous
  ftp at the following site:

  is2.ulb.ac.be

  under the following name:

  /pub/projects/depinfo.ulb/yafl/yafldoc.zip

Cheers,

Darius