[gclist] C++ realloc semantics with garbage collection.

Charles Fiterman cef@geode.geodesic.com
Thu, 30 May 1996 10:01:07 -0500

> > > If the programmer's pointer fix-up code is wrong, but the code still
> > > manages to limp through somehow, it seems that replacing malloc() et.
> > > al. with *any* different implementation, GC'ed or not, could expose the
> > > bug.  Does a GC-based malloc() have to hold itself to a higher
> > > standard?
> >
> > Yes!
> [...]
> > Another way to say it is when you get paid you are held to a higher
> > standard.
>
> Charles Fiterman is entitled to his opinion.
>
> However, it _is_ possible to make money in the computer
> industry without selling your soul.

This question belongs on talk.religion.misc or in my case alt.atheism.
But whey you get paid you smile pritty and pretend to have a good
time. Its called professionalism and is the difference between getting
paid and doing it for a hobby.