[gclist] GC in a Windows NT/95 threaded environment

Nick Barnes nickb@harlequin.co.uk
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 10:46:54 +0000

> Is there any literature on implementing gc in a threaded environment on
> MS Windows NT and 95? I have searched the web but did not find any :(

What do you want to know? I can't say too much about this, for
commercial reasons, but I can observe that Win32 is not that different
from Unix as regards implementing GC (the main difference is in
catching memory errors to implement barrier methods).

Oh, and Win95 won't let you implement your own threads; it insists you
use OS-provided stacks (otherwise various system calls break). No such
problem on NT, natch.

Nick B