[gclist] Is this list still alive?

David Chase chase@centerline.com
Fri, 06 Sep 96 16:33:09 -0400

> No email for three weeks now.

Figure that everyone in Europe is on vacation, many people in the
US are on vacation, those of us who aren't, are busy.

For lack of anything else, people are encouraged to have a look at

  http://www.centerline.com/people/chase/GC-faq.html

and send me comments on contents, form, whatever.  I haven't done
much to it lately, even though it contains one known typo.  My questions
include:

1. when do we stop?
   How much is enough?  Have we written too much already?

2. does anyone really think that the evangelism helps?
   Can we think of better evangelism?
   Over in comp.lang.modula3, we still get the random
    "here's some C++ line noise, how would I write this
     in Modula-3"
   from people who still equate conservation of keystrokes
   with productivity.  As I grow older, I've become more and more
   impressed at the ability of people to resist rational
   discussion.

David Chase