[gclist] Whats the right algorithm for this case?

Jay Carlson nop@nop.com
Fri, 31 Jan 97 13:31:07 -0500

> The applications I work on are mainly language tools, which either
> have idle time (in which the GC can run) or are batch tools (so can
> run the GC any time).

The batch tools often have idle time as well, if you're multithreaded.
Waiting for the NFS server to wake up and get back to you is a great
chance to do all those little things like GC and data structure
optimization that you've put off.  Of course, in the batch tools it's
acceptable to create "idle" time by yielding every now and then....
--
Jay Carlson    nop@nop.com    nop@kagoona.mitre.org

Flat text is just *never* what you want.   ---stephen p spackman