[gclist] multiple mutator thread GC, ref counting in particular.

James McCartney james@clyde.as.utexas.edu
Sun, 12 Jan 1997 01:15:20 -0700

At 11:31 PM -0700 1/11/97, James McCartney wrote:

>Hi, I just joined this list. As introduction, I've written an audio
>synthesis language which uses an adaptation of Paul Wilson's real
>time GC algorithm (noncopying incremental update write barrier with a
>treadmill for each power of 2 size class.. whew!).

I am obliged to correct myself above:
The GC mentioned above was developed by Paul Wilson AND
Mark Stuart Johnstone.

   --- james mccartney     james@clyde.as.utexas.edu   james@lcsaudio.com
If you have a PowerMac check out SuperCollider, a real time synth program:
ftp://mirror.apple.com//mirrors/Info-Mac.Archive/gst/snd/super-collider-demo.hqx