[gclist] Baker's treadmill without a doubly linked list.

James McCartney james@clyde.as.utexas.edu
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 18:13:54 -0700

At 3:24 PM -0800 1/29/97, Henry G. Baker wrote:

>Isn't this essentially the _original_ (1976-78) RTGC algorithm for
>'displaced' (CL/Maclisp terminology) objects (i.e., objects with
>headers) ??

I don't know. What's the reference? If it is then why was the linked
list introduced?

   Actually I was a bit wrong about it using the same
amount of space since the index can be stored in just as many bits
as you need to represent the total number objects in the system and
the two color bits are not necessary since the color can be determined
by comparing the index against the scan,white,allocate indices.

   --- james mccartney     james@clyde.as.utexas.edu   james@lcsaudio.com
If you have a PowerMac check out SuperCollider, a real time synth program:
ftp://mirror.apple.com//mirrors/Info-Mac.Archive/gst/snd/super-collider-demo.hqx