[gclist] that was a joke... (GC survey & Java GC)

Paul R. Wilson wilson@cs.utexas.edu
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 17:54:42 -0500

Before anyone takes it seriously, I should point out that the
paper I sent out pointer to, by Shin and Kim,
<http://poppy.snu.ac.kr/~speanut/docs/abs_comp.html>,
is mostly lifted verbatim from the short version of my GC survey,
complete with diagrams.  (You can get the original from my web page
in the original American.)

I just thought it was amusing that they lifted my text wholesale,
but translated parts of it into slightly-broken Koreanized English.

(Does anybody recognize where the part about Java comes from?)

BTW, I don't detect anything really skeevy here.  If they were
up to anything nefarious, they wouldn't have put it on the web
with a link to the original.

Pretty nice job of translation into html, too!