[gclist] Semi off topic humor.

Charles Fiterman cef@geodesic.com
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 11:03:52 -0600

>***The following is _actually true_***
>
>Yesterday, President Clinton held a tear-filled news conference to
>'share the pain' of those close to the 'Heaven's Gate' suicides.  He
>said that 'we have to understand the motivation behind this'.
>
>Immediately, one of the reporters asked "Perhaps it was due to your
>re-election, sir?"

Am I the only one reminded of the Josephus problem in Knuth? They
killed themselves in stages. Someone was able to call this in quickly.
They were programmers. Maybe somebody read Concrete Mathematics, did
the math and sat in the circle.
			-
Charles Fiterman		Geodesic Systems
414 North Orleans Suite 410	Phone 312 832 1221 x223
Chicago IL 60610-4418		FAX   312 832 1230
				http://www.geodesic.com

A computer language without garbage collection
  is like a city without garbage collection.