[gclist] Books on optimization (was: The FAQ)

Alexey I.Adamovich lexa@adam.botik.ru
Tue, 6 May 97 10:21 +0400

    David> ... They cover LOTS of stuff, in decent detail. Now, if
    David> only someone could write such a book for compiler
    David> optimization.  Sigh.  (I know of two attempts, one
    David> abandoned, another in progress.  One difficulty is that
    David> some of the basic algorithms often used are not mentioned
    David> in standard algorithms textbooks.)

Who is the author of the book I am waiting for? What will be its title
and where it will be published?

   Alexey I.Adamovich
Res. Centre for Multiprocessor Systems,    |  e-mail:
PSI RAS, Pereslavl-Zalessky 152140 Russia  |  lexa@adam.botik.ru