[gclist] gclist is still alive but not very active

Simon Spero ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 10:28:42 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, John R Levine wrote:

> The gclist mailing list hasn't had any posts for two months, although it has
> over 400 subscribers.  Have we really solved all of the problems of GC?

Ok, here are two questions to chew on :-)

1: How do conservative garbage collectors for un-cooperative languages
degrade over time when used in extremely long-lived server processes?

2: Why are there no commercial conservative garbage collectos for Linux?

Simon

----
Now available - The Freddy Hayek Kayak            | "Pass me another elf
Paddle Your Own Canoe! Be Rowed To Surfdom!       | Sergeant- this one's
>From The Taco Institute for Dyslexic Libertarians | split"
  Moments ago I had everything. Now, there's a cow in my nose - La Salla