[gclist] gclist is still alive but not very active

Amit Patel amitp@Theory.Stanford.EDU
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 13:11:22 -0800

John R. Levine wrote to me on November 5:
> The gclist mailing list hasn't had any posts for two months, although it has
> over 400 subscribers.  Have we really solved all of the problems of GC?

Well I can only tell you why my interest in GC has been greatly reduced:

The project I am currently working on has very little allocation.
There are a few big arrays allocated at program startup, and then
deallocated at program exit.  Garbage collection doesn't help me! :)

      - Amit

--
Amit J Patel, Computer Science Department, Stanford University
       ``A language based on point and click is like a