[gclist] HAs anyone tried gc with multiple threads and Tcl on Windows?

Rob Rodgers rob.rodgers@solipsa.com
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 12:50:00 -0700

Hello,

After using Great Circle for 2 years I vowed never to use C++ without a
garbage collector again.  Then I switched companies and left the license
there.  Since then I've mostly been doing Java.  And now: C++ because one
of our vendors requires it.

I'm implementing a multi-threaded service in C++ where I will be using
individual tcl interpreters (one per service request, each with a Win32
thread) to provide the control logic.

I've been reading the gc list for about the same length of time (thanks for
all the insight) and have decided to try to use the free Boehm collector.

Has anyone used it in this environment, or even just Tcl?

RSR