[gclist] Re: gclist-digest V3 #73

Patrick Draper pdrap@yahoo.com
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:00:53 -0700 (PDT)

> Is there a way around this?  I don't want to use Xlib's defines in
> the
> backend because I want to keep it frontend independent (Say someone
> wants to create a SVGALib frontend as opposed to an X frontend).  Any
> suggestions?

I have this problem with Xlib as well as a library called Xgame. Both
of them have their own GC identifier. I've gotten around this by
structuring the program in such a way that all of the garbage
collection code (GC_malloc) calls are in objects that do not include
either the Xgame or Xlib header files. Works like a charm!

=====
Patrick Draper                | Don't  |pdrap@yahoo.com
Austin, Texas                 | Fear   |Father Order runs at a
http://pdrap.home.texas.net   | The    |good pace, but old Mother
Be Microsoft Free - Use Linux |Penguin |Chaos is winning the race.