[gclist] Running out of memory with GC_malloc

John Palmieri johnp@martianrock.com
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 17:38:02 -0400

I am having a probelm with the BDW garbage collector.  I had been
creating massive amounts of C++ objects causing my heap to grow beyond
its allocated size.   I fixed this by adding the line:

GC_expand_hp(1024*1024*5);

This worked until I started to load PNG graphic images using GC_malloc.
I have tried to expand the heap even more but it still drops out with an
Out of Memory error.  I know that my prog is not taking up more memory
than my physical ram.  Is there a better way to increase my heap size?

John Palmieri