[gclist] memory allocation for periodic task of real-time application

Okehee Goh ogoh@cise.ufl.edu
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 00:26:21 -0500

I don't know my question is proper to this mailing list.
If not, I apologize.

I need to devise periodic task model( of real-time application) using JAVA
for simulation about
 memory allocation/garbage collection.

1)
What I am wondering is if real-time application that is designed for
periodic task and is written in Object-oriented language like Java or C++
has some significant or unique pattern in terms of memory allocation
dynamically.
For example, are there these kinds of rules like memory allocation happens
at the specific point of execution of task?

2)
>From "Memory System Behavior of Java Programs: Methodology and Analysis" by
Jin-Soo
 Kim and Yarsun Hsu, I found some data about lifetime and size
characteristics of memory objects of SpecJVM98 application. I'd like to know
these data can be applied to real-time application examples.

Thank you in advance.

Okehee

 Okehee Goh        ogoh@cise.ufl.edu   http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~ogoh
 RealTime System Lab.  (T) 1-352-392-6875
 CISE Dept.  University Of Florida