[gclist] memory allocation for periodic task of real-time app lication

Krishnaswami, Neel neelk@cswcasa.com
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 13:04:21 -0500

Okehee Goh [mailto:ogoh@cise.ufl.edu] wrote:

> I need to devise periodic task model( of real-time
> application) using JAVA for simulation about
> memory allocation/garbage collection.
>
> 1) What I am wondering is if real-time application that is designed
> for periodic task and is written in Object-oriented language like
> Java or C++ has some significant or unique pattern in terms of memory
> allocation dynamically. For example, are there these kinds of rules
> like memory allocation happens at the specific point of execution
> of task?

I don't know if this is an exact match, but you may want to
look at Mark Johnstone's PhD thesis, _Noncompacting Garbage
Collection and Real-Time Garbage Collection_. You can find
it at:

  http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/oops/papers.html

This site has a number of other papers that may be of interest
to you.

--
Neel Krishnaswami
neelk@cswcasa.com