[gclist] write-barrier implementation in Java VM?

Sylvain Louboutin Sylvain.Louboutin@eng.sun.com
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 11:51:08 -0800 (PST)

just out of curiosity,  what is the size of the heap for KVM (typically)?

i.e.,  is it worth bothering with an incremental GC for a really tiny
VM? (which I understand is the whole idea behind KVM, correct me if
I am wrong)?

I found out (the hard way...) that a plain and simple stop-the-world
approach can be surprisingly effective with small heaps...

--Sylvain