[gclist] Henry Baker's publications

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:32:09 +0100

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 10:11:30AM +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
> Does anyone know where Henry Baker's publications can be found on-line?
> The usual place, ftp.netcom.com/pub/hb/hbaker/home.html,
> fails with an unknown host message.
> Mail to hbaker@netcom.com bounces with user unknown.

I have a .tar.bz2 1998 dump of his site on my home machine,
available on request. Two weeks ago, in response to the inavailability
of the netcom site, Rahul Jain has used my dump to setup a mirror site
on his web page:
	http://linux.rice.edu/~rahul/hbaker/

> Is this a temporary glitvh or has Henry moved?
I heard that netcom was down since it was bought by earthlink.
I hope they provided some continuation of service to netcom customers
(or else, I don't understand their move).

> If he has, I'd really like to update links in my bibliography.
Do NOT consider the above link as an official or permanent address
(you can point to it, but expect change sooner or later;
M-x replace-string is your friend).

If hbaker is still receiving posts of this list, and is looking for a server
to permanently host his pages, I know many people who'd gladly offer
shelter to them, under the virtual host name of his choice
(if he has or acquires one; second-level names available for free;
non-virtual-hosted /~hbaker/ considered an honor).

Best regards,

Premature optimization is the root of all evil.
		-- D.E. Knuth