[gclist] Stack scanning & callee-save registers

David Chase chase@world.std.com
Wed, 06 Sep 2000 09:54:13 -0400

At 11:58 PM 9/5/00 -0700, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
>The same algorithm is sketched in
>         "C--: a portable assembly language that supports garbage collection"
>         PPDP'99  (http://research.microsoft.com/~simonpj)
>to which Fermin was implicitly referring (he's a co author).

>David, I didn't know about your implementation, and I feel bad that
>we did not cite it.  Is it published anywhere?

It's "published", if you get a copy of our stuff and (contrary to
license) disassemble the bits where it is implemented, but otherwise,
no, it isn't.  It's just one small trick, didn't seem enough to
warrant publication all by itself.

David