[gclist] MetaTF trace specification format

Richard Jones R.E.Jones@ukc.ac.uk
Tue, 03 Apr 2001 18:43:59 +0100

At ISMM 2000, Trishul Chilimbi, Ben Zorn and I presented a paper on Designing
a Trace Format for Heap Allocation Events. Following discussion at ISMM, a
revised version of the MetaTF specification language has been produced. The
specification and tools to generate trace readers and writers are now
available from
	http://www.cs.ukc.ac.uk/people/staff/rej/mtf
(as is the original paper).

At the moment, we have very few traces. Nevertheless, we'd like to realise the
ambition, expressed in the paper, of creating a repository of traces and their
specifications and we encourage others to contribute. Of course, we should
contribute some more of our own:-)

Richard Jones