[gclist] Patents on GC and MM algorithms

Boehm, Hans hans_boehm@hp.com
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 12:04:39 -0800

Do you know of any that have been licensed individually, as opposed to by
the pound :-) in cross-licensing deals?

I looked at a few a while ago, and arrived at the conclusion that it would
probably take a court case to determine what, if anything, they actually
covered.  I recall asking about a bitmap marking patent (which seemed to
cover a very old idea) on this list, and getting no answers.

Hans