[gclist] collector optimization

Ji-Yong D. Chung virtualcyber@erols.com
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 18:12:10 -0500

    Hi,

    I just finished replacing my copying collector with
Boehm's collector.  (I used the included C++ interface
on VC++6.0, NT platform).

    Eventually, I would like to try optimizing it for
speed.

    Does anyone know if there are application specific
optimizations I can try with Boehm's collector?
More specifically, I am wondering if there are parts of Boehm's
code that are known to be hackable for application
specific optimization  -- I mean no disrespect to
Boehm or to Boehm's collector, here  :)

    I do not mean just changing values of the tuning
hooks that are provided, as I have done much of that.

    Thanks in advance, for any information related
to the collector optimization.

Take Care
Ji-Yong D. Chung