[gclist] Ephemerons [Was Re: Finalization and death notices]

Thu, 11 Oct 2001 01:36:22 -0700

| Read
|            Ephemerons: a new finalization mechanism; Barry
|            Hayes; Proceedings of the 1997 ACM SIGPLAN
|            conference on Object-oriented programming
|            systems, languages and applications, 1997, Pages
|            176 - 183=20

If you find that useful, you might also be interested in

	Stretching the storage manager: weak pointers=20
	and stable names in Haskell
	http://research.microsoft.com/~simonpj/Papers/weak.htm

In this paper we refine the ephemeron idea a little.  (The
actual discussion about ephemerons themselves is on p20.)

Simon