[gclist] Finalizers & Reference counting.

Boehm, Hans hans_boehm@hp.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:29:31 -0700

It's also not at all clear to me how much impact that has, or even whether the impact is positive or negative.  For some reason everyone's inutition seems to be that spreading things out is bad.  But caches contain more than one line, so I'm not sure that there's a real cost to accessing a small number of memory regions instead of one.  And segregating by size does mean that objects of the same type tend to be colocated.

Hans