[gclist] Finalizers & Reference counting.

Nick Barnes Nick.Barnes@pobox.com
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 18:19:39 +0100

At 2002-08-31 16:53:33+0000, Andrew Shi-hwa Chen writes:

> I think "don't promote" is overly specific.

Absolutely; I was responding to the question of whether a generational
collector has particular problems with compilers (or other strongly
phased mutators).  A generational collector might well have an
interface controlling promotion; a generic memory management layer on
top of such a collector might provide some sort of liveness interface
which translates into promotion control.

Nick B