[gclist] data on lifetime distribution

Kenjiro Taura tau@logos.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 22:59:02 +0900 (JST)

Dear Garbage Collectionists:

Can anybody provide us with data on object lifetime distribution?  or
direct us to any such data available online or kind persons off the
list? I would appreciate very much if I can use such data for our
research purpose.

At minimum, histgrams that describe how much bytes of lifetime X to
X+dX are allocated in a program will suffice. Time series data that
describes a sequence of events like "object xxx of x bytes born at
time T" and "object xxx die at time T" is even better.

Actually, we have data for some klic (a very allocation intensive,
logic programming language implementation) programs, so we could share
it with you if any of you is interested.  We would like to have data
of different types (Java, C, C++, ML, ...).

Thanks.

-------
Kenjiro Taura

University of Tokyo
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology
Department of Information and Communication Engineering
tau@logos.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
http://www.logos.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~tau