[gclist] Wild & Crazy Session at ISMM 2004

Tony Printezis Antonios.Printezis at Sun.COM
Wed Sep 8 06:28:12 PDT 2004

Hi everyone,

I'm (still) trying to stir up interest for the Wild & Crazy session for
this year's ISMM. If you're planning to attend it, do consider submitting
a presentation proposal for this session. The blurb is below.

Tony

-----

In this ISMM we will have a Wild And Crazy Session.

This will be a forum for ideas that are wacky, controversial, and
provocative, which will hopefully generate passionate arguments
amongst the attendees, but will also leave the audience with a lot of
food for thought. The format of the session will be as follows. Each
presenter will have exactly five (5) mins and up to three (3)
transparencies to make their case. The presentation will be followed
by a discussion with the audience.

So, if you're planning to attend ISMM anyway, and you would like to
share your ideas with us (whether it is your blurred vision of where
the community should be heading to, your idea of what garbage
collectors and LEGO sets have in common, or the wild dream you had
about write barriers last Spring), this is your chance. Please send us
an 1-2 (no more!) paragraph e-mail at the address below (only plain
text please), outlining what you'll talk about and we will choose 4 or
5 of them for presentation. We will accept submissions up to two weeks
before the conference (Sun, Oct 10, 5pm EST) and we will send out
notifications a week later (Mon, Oct 18).

Coordinator: Tony Printezis (tony.printezis at sun.com)

| Tony Printezis, Member of Tech Staff    | Sun Microsystems Laboratories    |
|                                         | MS BUR02-311                     |
| e-mail: tony.printezis at sun.com          | 1 Network Drive                  |
| office: +1 781 442 0998 (x20998)        | Burlington, MA01803-0902, USA    |