[gclist] Sharing GC resources between applications

Stephen Crawley crawley at dstc.edu.au
Tue Mar 22 18:50:59 PST 2005

> David Detlefs - Sun Microsystems Labs BOS wrote:
> > I would recommend you check out the work of the Barcelona project,
> > headed by my Sun Labs colleague Grzegorz Czajkowski:
> >
> >   http://sunlabs.sfbay/projects/dashboard.php?id=9
>
> http://research.sun.com/projects/dashboard.php?id=9
>
> is a URL that will work outside the hallowed halls of Sun, I believe. =)
>
> Mike

There is a new Sun article on Barcelona / MVM:

http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Programming/mvm/

The section about "False Starts" is interesting.  In summary, it says
that the "classic" approach of using read-only pages to share code
between separate OS processes gives mediocre results for Java.

-- Steve