[LispM] Any Genera subsystems written in CLOS?

Raymond Wiker Raymond.Wiker@fast.no
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:40:42 +0100

Paolo Amoroso writes:
 > Is any major Symbolics Genera subsystem written in CLOS? Did CLOS enter
 > production use too late to significantly influence the evolution of Genera?
 > Most LispM literature mentions Flavors when it comes to object-oriented
 > components of Genera (such as Dynamic Windows, the Document Examiner,
 > etc.), so I'm curious about CLOS.

	From what I've seen so far, it appears that Flavors is used
heavily. I haven't seen any positive signs of CLOS use, yet. The same
applies to CLIM, btw: it seems that most of the UI code uses Dynamic
Windows, instead.

	Disclaimer: I'm a LispM newbie.

	//Raymond.

--