[LispM] description of 'bolix keyboard cable?

r. 'bear' stricklin red@bears.org
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:24:36 -0500 (EST)

Hi.

I've got a few of the older "clay" colored keyboards (not the sleek grey
wedge-style, with captive cable) which are in need of proper cables.

Before I go ramming any random cord with modular plugs at both ends into
the jacks, can somebody look at their keyboard cable and tell me how it's
wired?

The easiest way to do this is to hold one end in each hand, so that each
plug is facing away with the clip away from you, look inside, and describe
the order of the conductors by looking at the insulation colors.

Or take a picture and put it on the web.

at a minimum, "straight through" or "crossover" will suffice. (;

ok
r.