[LispM] Steps in setting up a McIvory II

Andreas Holz asholz@topinform.com
Sun, 26 May 2002 20:02:00 +0200

Hello all,

finally I got a MacIvory II.

What I'm meaning with finally:

In 1998 I saw a very impressive video produced on a Symbolics system at
SYSTEMS, a large computer exhibition in Munich, Germany. Since then I
had "Symbolics" in my mind.
As hardware and software was very expensive, even UNIX workstations but
also pc's, I decided to wait. Nowadays the prices for old harware is
reasonable low - and now I have a Symbolics on my desk. I got the
MacIvory board including the software from DKS. I got a Mac IIfx via
ebay and a radius color grafics board. I took a 9gig Segate SCSI disk,
which I set up in 4 partitions of 2gb size each. The first I'm using for
Mac software, the second for FEP0 and FEP1.

Now I need some assitance in the installation of the software. I studied
the postings regarding the setup, I tried to understand the Installation
Guide and finally I got the the Mac Software isntalled and was able to
boot up Genera. From this site I learned, that I have to create a LMFS,
which I did using the filer application.

- But how to tell Genera to use the LMFS to store the Documentation and
the sources?
- How to tell Genera to access the FEP1 partition (or to use additional
FEP partitions)?

These are the next most important steps. I'm sure, I'll have some more
questions in the future.

Kind regards

Andreas