[LispM] Seeking a working LISP machine, and demonstration of PICON software

Peter Paine pp@abstractscience.freeserve.co.uk
Mon, 19 May 2003 12:15:40 +0100

At 4:15 PM -0800 12/31/02, Robert Moore wrote:
>I would like to either buy or videotape a demo of a LISP Machine
>running PICON (product of LMI in the mid-1980's).  This is to prove
>what existed at the time, for a useful purpose.  PICON was
>eventually ported to Symbolics and TI Explorer machines as well as
>running on LMI Lambdas.  If you have any suggestions, such as
>suggested contacts, or can provide such a demo, I would be happy to
>discuss the details.  I am also interested in finding an operational
>LISP machine, in case the software is separately available.
>Robert Moore
><mailto:RMoore@alum.mit.edu>RMoore@alum.mit.edu

Roger,

Apologies  for late response.
Don't think that I have seen PICON - might it have gone by a
different name?  what did it do?
I have working Symbolics machines available see
<http://www.abstractscience.freeserve.co.uk/symbolics/>,
but am amazed that you cannot find the same at MIT.

Peter