[LispM] Nevermore release

nyef at lisphacker.com nyef at lisphacker.com
Sat Nov 5 20:20:51 PST 2005

Hello all,

Progress on Nevermore has been rather more rapid over the past month than
over the previous eighteen, and is deserving of a new release. Yes, people
were asking about a new release three weeks ago, but I hadn't reached a good
stopping point then. The tarball is at the following location:

http://www.dridus.com/~nyef/lispm/nevermore/nevermore-9f1105.tgz

This version not checked for EXPT compatability beyond EVENT POSTING,
MACROINSTRUCTION DECODE, and MEMORY CYCLE ABORT, which pass, and INSTRUCTION
STREAM HARDWARE, which now fails.

The Lisp load is currently choking on some problems with MISCOP #o440
(%NuBus-Read-8B-Careful), from the function VALID-CROM-P. It's obviously not
being careful enough.

I'm sure you all know the deal about the disk image and ROM set.

The error in the startup process mentioned in the previous release
announcement has since been fixed.

Anyway, that's enough blather, download and enjoy!

 --Alastair Bridgewater