[LispM] Outstanding Meroko bugs and a question of my own

nyef at lisphacker.com nyef at lisphacker.com
Mon Oct 10 13:10:39 PDT 2005

nyef at lisphacker.com writes:

> Daniel, everyone else,

[massive snippage]

> And now my own cry for help: I was two days into my latest attempt to
> figure out why my emulator isn't passing the instruction-stream tests from
> EXPT when I found out about Meroko being released. The specific case I'm
> having trouble with is when bit 14 is set in the return address for a POPJ
> and the MCR has the chain-enable bit set. Can anyone tell me what's
> supposed to happen here?

Okay, I just figured it out this afternoon. For the curious, my code and
commentary is available at http://paste.lisp.org/display/12411 .

Daniel, I'm copying you on this directly to make absolutely sure you get it.
You know how long it took me to figure it out, I don't want you to have to
figure it out from scratch.

 --Alastair Bridgewater