[LispM] Seeking help with Symbolics machines in Cambridge, UK

Christian Lynbech christian at defun.dk
Mon Mar 26 11:26:53 PDT 2007

I have no less than two more or less dead symbolics, one 3630 and one 3645.

The 3645 is closest to life. I have contact to the FEP but my attempts
to access the two disks have failed in various ways. I believe I have
tried the obviosu stuff such as reseating all boards (many times) as
well as I have replaced the ribbon cable connecting the disk with the
I/O board.

I am going to the ILC in Cambridge and was wondering if there was a
Symbolics enthusiast in the neighborhood who would like to help
me. The ideal situation would be to try the disks out on working
hardware to check whether the disks are good or not (and they can be
carried around :-) but I am open to suggestions.

Christian Lynbech       | christian #\@ defun #\. dk