[LispM] UNS: console cables

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Thu Jul 21 06:08:49 PDT 2011

Michael L. Umbricht wrote:
> Does anyone know of a source for console cables? (or even just the
> connectors)
>
> We're looking for the 36xx style used on the 3670/3640.

I think they're all the same.  My 3600 cable works on my XL1200
and visa versa.

But I don't know the part #, sorry.

I have two cables, one short and one long as well as a "wall plate"
which is just a bare jack.

I could be talked into driving one down for borrow one evening after work,
or on a saturday/sunday if you are planning on bringing up at 36xx.  I
have a
few of those machines here in Boston.

you can't be more than an hour or so away (they way I drive :-)

I'm sure David Schmidt has some he'd be happy to sell you.

If you plan on using the cartridge tape I'm sure you know all about
the capstan issues.  All of mine have turned to goo.  I have various
fixes using high grade neoprene hose.

I'd be curious to hear your status/plans...

-brad