[LispM] UNS: console cables

Michael L. Umbricht mike at umbricht.org
Thu Jul 21 09:00:13 PDT 2011

The original does 3600 use a different style console cable than the
later 36xx machines. Long term we're also looking for one of those, but
the later, more common, 36xx cable is more of a priority for us at the
moment.

At RCS we have a 3600, 3670, 3630 and two 3640's. We also have an
external cartridge tape, numerous moniterm consoles/keyboards and some
of the machines have CAD or color boards. Some of the machines that we
have were from Thinking Machines Corp. and have Connection Machine
interfaces along with an installation of the *Lisp distribution.

We have booted and run these machines a number of years ago before we
moved to our new location. Now I just need to recreate the environment
that we used then and fix a few problems that we had. But now the one
cable we have is a bit flaky and in need of repair. We'd also like to be
able to bring up more than one machine at a time to copy files and
configuration info.

Our goal is to get one small Symbolics fully functional for a
retro-computing display at the Rhode Island Mini Maker Faire on Sept.
10th. We'll also be running a NeXTstation and s DEC Lab-K psychology
experiment controller. Maybe also an EAI PACE analog computer.

RCS holds a public open house on the 3rd Sat. of each month from 1-8pm.
If anyone on the list is in the area, please feel free to drop by.

The Symbolics will be a main focus on Aug. 20th. Brad, if you can't make
that, I could meet you there some other Sat. afternoon.  We'll probably
have a few Sat. work sessions during the summer. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

-mikeu

Retro-Computing Society of RI

http://rcsri.org