[LispM] World Files

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at gnu.org
Tue Jul 22 05:45:54 PDT 2014

   I have made changes to the MIT sources to allow QLD to pull in the
   extra object files needed using TFTP.

Do you have it published?  Have you managed to make a cold load
partition from scratch?

   I have no idea how much Symbolics had changed their bootstrap
   process, it is interesting though that the entry function still has
   the same name.

>From what I have gathered, the boot process is quite similar in
theory, i.e. you build a basic cold load image (from cross compiled
files for the target with information on how things should look on the
target), that in turn can only talk Chaos, read files into memory and
maybe some other minor bits.  Then you load your cross compiled files
over Chaos into memory, getting a more usable environment, which you
can then save into a fresh world file.

But I suspect that things where rewritten heavily and not much is
shared other than the theory.

(ams)