[LispM] hello

George-Phillip R. Orais geo at fairlegend.com.cn
Wed May 14 20:20:39 PDT 2014

Hi Jovan,

Yes, I already explored that site even if its blocked here? But thanks to VPN ;) I already downloaded all the emulators from there and even the verilog code of the cadr? In which im currently using now for my own lispm project? Will explain below :)

Hi Fare,

Yes I still can wait :) but pay a lot? Hmm may I know how 'lot' it would be? I hope its somewhere near my budget :) so what lispm do you have in France?

Oh! Yes indeed!! Especially our PC's today are in GHz and Quad-cores!! But hmm I attempted to run the Genera emulator under ubuntu64 running inside virtualbox? I can't make it work :( will give it a try someday, I'm just getting busy with a cooler lispm project :)

So ok just a quick introduction about my Lisp endeavor: it all started when I read about LispM on one of the forum that I used to visit, I was collecting SGI workstations from that time. Now I'm dreaming to add a LispM on my collection :) Because of this I bought this three books: Land of Lisp, Lisp in small Pieces, and Architecture for Symbolic Computers by P. Kogge :) then at first I tried to revive the LMI K-machine and fully implement it using today's fpga, but it was on hold for now because I wanted to have an easier and faster to be implemented. Now im working on a cool lispm in verilog? the plan is to implement the picolisp VM on hardware and I'm collaborating with Alex Burger himself! the founder of picolisp ;)

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for your time guys! :)

BR,
Geo