[LispM] Online Genera Documentation

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jun 11 19:45:00 PDT 2015

On 06/11/2015 09:38 PM, Steven Núñez wrote:
> Does anyone know who or how the documentation at
> http://www.textfiles.com/bitsavers/pdf/symbolics/genera/ was produced? I
> originally thought it was generated from Symbolics sources, but it
> appears to have been scanned (and a good job too). If it was generated
> from Concordia sources, I’d like to know how.
>
> So, if anyone knows the origin, please drop me a note.

  I don't know the origin of those manuals specifically, but the
Bitsavers project is run by a man named Al Kossow, who does most of the
scanning and post-processing himself.  He uses high-speed sheet-fed
scanners and a lot of custom post-processing stuff, due to the volume.
He does accept scans if they were done to his specifications, but as I
understand it, those constitute a relatively small percentage of those
present in the Bitsavers archive.  I believe it's reasonable to assume
that those PDFs came to us via Al's process.

                  -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA