[LispM] NFS file version: naming conventions

Steven Nunez steven.nunez at illation.com.hk
Fri Aug 4 18:47:16 PDT 2017

Not for any important reason. When I drag files from my NFS directory onto
windows, I get a dialog from Windows: "Warning, these files could harm your
computer. Proceed?". I thought that if this was a configurable parameter I
would get rid of that warning and go back to the LMFS way of doing things.
For the moment it's just easier to browse/read/search the source with
Explorer, emacs and an SMB mounted sys.sct directory until I get my head
'round Genera again.

Interesting discussion on files systems followed. I use these 'advanced'
UNIX filesystem every day, and they include versioning, in a manner, via a
feature called 'snapshots'. Amazing how in so many years industry is still
catching up (and let's not start on GUI design!).

Say, whilst I have the 'ear' of some experts, does anybody know what the
files in network/tools/ivt do? No docs. I'm struggling with getting DNS
working and if it's something that can help will give it a try. I've entered
the root servers into the network object in the namespace, confirmed it is
not a routing problem (can ping by IP address), but can't resolve internet
hostnames that are not manually entered into the namespace.

 Regards,
	- Steve